While in Stage 4 restrictions Fortress Melbourne has suspended all operations apart from the allowed activities under the Information Media and Telecommunications for broadcast. We are fully complying with the Stage 4 restrictions including the implementation of the mandated COVID safe plan approved by the government.
We recognise that everyone around Australia is doing it tough during this pandemic, particularly those in Victoria under Stage 4 restrictions. Playing games online is a significant passion for a lot of people stuck at home, and we are happy to be able to provide gamers with the social interaction and enjoyment that online competitive and social gaming can provide during these difficult times.
We think the esports industry is just as legitimate, important and newsworthy as all other reported sporting activity.
The safety of our staff is of utmost importance and we take their safe working environment very seriously. Whilst the game event is running online and managed by staff working from home, certain elements of the broadcast can only be done using the equipment in the Fortress studio.
Here are some of the things we’re doing to keep our staff safe:
- All staff who are not required to be on site to conduct their duties are required to work from home
- Staff temperature is checked and logged upon entry and exit to the studio
- Production and broadcast area has been reconfigured to be socially distanced and ensure all staff are facing away each other
- Staff are required to wear masks at all times within the studio unless they are eating, drinking or need to remove their masks to conduct their duties
- Socially distanced eating areas
- All work spaces are thoroughly sanitised before and after use each shift
- Staff have personalised work stations
Thank you for the support from the more than 400 teams competing from their homes across Oceania.